Hello! I am Amanda Thompson. Welcome to Small Feat in the Classroom.
I am currently a Year 1 teacher, Early Years Foundation Stage Leader and Associate Assistant Headteacher in a primary school in London.
I love creative work. I am experimenting with publishing blog posts and then developing them as I go – and so, my published posts will most likely be in draft form to begin with. In the past, many of my posts stayed in the ‘drafts’ because of waiting to perfect them. I learned that the time never comes and so I have decided to start afresh. Let’s see what happens.
Some other stuff:
- I hold an MA in Social Justice and Education
- I previously trained and worked as a contemporary dancer, graduating from the (now) Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance with a BA in Dance Theatre (it was the Laban Centre for Movement and Dance when I was there). I also trained in aerial silks too – I sometimes still doing classes here and there.
- I have served as an elected school governor in a primary school.
- I am an experienced LEA moderator and advisor (for assessment at the end of Reception year).
- I am a current member of the Safer Dance working group
You can find me on Instagram and Twitter if you would like to connect!
Instagram – @smallfeatintheclassroom
Thank you for taking the time to visit!